Saturday, May 5, 2012

books, hooks, family fun.

I know I know, I haven't posted in quite a while! I've been pretty sick with a bad cold, which meant my usual afternoon breaks were turned into naps, and early bed times. So I haven't had to much time to spare. I think I am on the mend though! Still got a pretty gross cough, but it seems to be easing. Not a whole lot has happened this week. I'm working on a couple  new crochet projects, pictures will come once they are done :). I working on a stuffed Hello Kitty and a kitty eared hat. Both are almost done. I might just finish them this afternoon, if I have time....

I did buy a new book yesterday! If you follow the reading world much at all I'm sure you've heard of the Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. I've heard really amazing things about it. My co-blogger on Owl Read It absolutely loved it. So I've been aching to get my hands on it. Well I was out getting some yarn the other day and I happened to see it for 40% off! Hardcover to! There was no way  I could pass that up :).  So, yay new books! Getting new books always makes my entire week! :D

We've been keeping pretty busy with family stuff! We've had some really nice weather so me and the kiddies have been spending a lot of hours outside! They would live out there if they could I'm sure and I'm not about to deny them the fresh air and exercise. So that's been most of our week. Playing on the swing set, going for walks. Out favorite ice cream store just re-opened for the season so of course we made a trip there. The kids were so excited :). This morning Rayne had dance class, and then I came home and got Phoenix ready for his friend's birthday party. This is the second party he's been invited to, and this was the first time I didn't stay. It felt so weird leaving him there, but I felt it was time to let go a bit. Last party he went to, I was the only parent who stayed and I felt  a little awkward, but I just wasn't ready to just drop him off and leave yet. And when he had his party last weekend, all the parents just dropped and left. Which I was fine with of course! So I guess I just gotta accept he's growing up and going to start doing his own things. They grow up way to fast *tear*. Then I was off to buy tickets to my daughters dance recital in June! I can't wait! I know I am going to be a mess. I cry pretty easily when it comes to do with anything about the kids. They had a little parents day a while back to show how they were doing and I cried the whole time. I have overwhelming amounts of pride in my little ones <3 They make mommy feel so amazing all the time! Can't wait to see her up on stage dancing away! Well, I actually gotta go get Phoenix pretty soon so I better wrap this up.  I posted a new review today on Owl Read It if you wanna go check that out :). Talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment